Collect email addresses with Email Sign Up, an Android App that helps you grow your mailing list. The application is designed to let people sign up for a mailing list while a background image is displayed.
- Collect Email Addresses and Names
- Automatically stored to text file on SD Card
- Optionally creates vCard formatted file (enabled by default)
- Choose a photograph or image to display as the background
- Customise the title text of the email collection screen.
Email Sign Up lets you capture names and email addresses to a file on your SD Card. The text file can be uploaded to an email service provider at a later time to add subscribers to your mailing list.
Collect Email Addresses Example Use Case
Imagine you are a beekeeper that is part of a club. Your club has a booth at the county fair. You can display a beautiful photograph at your table using your Android device. Interested people can enter their name and email address and be added to the club’s mailing list.
Email sign up will store names and email addresses to a text file on the SD Card. The “EmailSignUp” directory will be created. Then a CSV file will be created with a name corresponding to the current date. Names and addresses will be added to the CSV file as they are entered. The email address is the only required field. The email address is checked against a basic validation to make sure it is in a reasonable format.
Optional output to vCard formatted file is also supported. This vCard file can be imported to the contacts manager on the Android device. Writing the vCard file can be disabled from the preferences screen.
At your convenience the CSV file can be transferred off of the device. It can be uploaded to email service providers such as Aweber or Mail Chimp to add new subscribers to your mailing list.
- Click here to read detailed instructions for importing the CSV file to Gmail.
- See here for instructions on uploading a CSV file to various email clients and providers.
Requires access to the SD card. This is needed to allow background images to be displayed and to allow text files containing names and email addresses to be created.